This year, Equitas Health, in partnership with the Columbus Museum of Art, local gallery owners, and art collectors, are issuing an open call for artwork to be featured at 2018 Art for Life. Participation in Art for Life can help elevate an artist’s visibility and provides an opportunity to have their work displayed on the walls of the prestigious Columbus Museum of Art. The 2016 Art for Life included record-breaking art purchases including Denny Griffith’s Soliloquy #6 for $30,000 and Dion Johnson’s Encounter for $32,000, which now holds the record for the highest selling piece of artwork in the auction’s history. Submissions can be made online and will be juried by a selection committee.
2018 Art for Life Selection Committee:
- Angela Meleca, Owner, Meleca Gallery
- Duff Lindsay, Owner, Lindsay Gallery
- Alicia Jean “AJ” Vanderelli, Artist and Owner, The Vanderelli Room
- Greer Pagano, Curator, Pizzuti Collection
- Brent Foley, Principal, TRIAD Architects
- Gabriel Mastin, Leadership Giving Officer, Columbus Museum of Art
- Tyler Cann, Contemporary Art Curator, Columbus Museum of Art
- Drew Sawyer, Curator of Photography, Columbus Museum of Art
- Heather Llewellyn, Special Events Manager, Equitas Health
- Meghan Tubbs, Development Coordinator, Equitas Health
- Tony Pellerite, Marketing Coordinator, Equitas Health
- Lisa McLymont, Graphic Designer and Artist, Equitas Health
Artists interested in submitting artwork for 2018 Art for Life should visit artforlifecolumbus.org and select “2018 Artwork Submission.” Submissions are due at noon Friday, March 9, 2018.
Criteria for submitting visual art
The committee will make the final decision regarding proper artwork condition and placement of each piece.
- Art must have been completed within the last 3 years, and be representative of your current work.
- Artwork valued no less than $250. Artists without representation may be consulting with the museum on pricing.
- 2D no larger than 6’x6’
- 3D no larger than 3’x2’x2’
- Once images are submitted, DO NOT make further edits to the actual artwork.
- Previously owned art will be considered on a case by case basis
- Prints, reproductions, video, performance or audio based art will not be accepted
UPLOADED IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS
- Maximum of 3 images per entry
- Artwork must be photographed on a solid background, if the image is not cropped to outer dimensions of artwork.
- Image size requirements: 1920 pixels on the short side / 2–5MB file size / JPEG or PNG formats only.
- Your images must be RGB color format; CMYK files will not upload properly.
- Enter Online and follow instructions as the system goes through the entry process.
- During the entry process, you have the option to include one gallery (space is limited) representing your work.
If you include this information, it will be printed on the tag displayed next to all accepted artwork.
Jury Process: All art submissions will be juried by the Art for Life Art Committee. Once the pieces are selected, an invitation will be issued to the selected artist and/or galleries.